Monday 11 August 2008

Stash Enhancement

Friday's post brought my order from ABC Stitch Therapy so I must show you a photo - I ordered the Patchwork Garden Pincushion Ball and asked them to kit it all up for me. The Dinky Dye silks are amazing and I am itching to start this but it has been put away out of temptations sight until my current projects are completed.
And as if that wasn't enough extra stash I was in Christchurch for the day and went to Hands the craft shop there and added some extra to my bulging stash! The threads are hand dyed by a New Zealand textile artist and are Perle 8 and Perle 12 so will be great for hardanger. I snapped up the magazine because it has the Happy Home Sampler that I first saw on Becky's blog (and fell in love with there. With terrific self control I refrained from purchasing the threads and fabric at the same time and decided to check my stash at home first! There are a couple of other purchases including scissors that I couldn't take on the plane so got the shop to mail them to me and you shall see a photo when they come!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Margaret!! [waves furiously]
I was surfing around, as you do, and came across your blog - how wonderful to 'see' you again! It's a couple of years since I was part of Auckland Embroiderers Guild, so it was lovely to read through your blog and see the odd mention of the Guild here and there. I shall be keeping an eye on your blog, to see what you are up to - and to see what you have done with this lovely stash you picked up.
Cheers, Jocelyn

Carol R said...

Just look at all that lovely new stash you have. I got the pattern for the Patchwork Garden Pincushion Ball but not the fabric/threads. Oh my just look how gorgeous it is :o)