Tuesday 3 March 2009

A view of the biscobourse

Yesterday I told you I had started a Biscobourse. This is a very bad photo of the base part. I really love the thread and have high hopes that this will turn out well - the photo isn't the best. Perhaps its true to say I am better at stitching than photography!! Also had word from Ellen in Singapore that her package had arrived. Ellen was my partner in the HOE Winter Exchange. I had a great deal of trouble with this one. the thread was the DMC Pearlescent and it was so difficult to stitch with. But the finished result pleased Ellen and thats what counts. I forgot to take photos so have "borrowed" this from Ellen's - do go and have a look yourself at her blog. It is stitched on confederate grey 28 count line, backed with a wintery white patchwork fabric and edged with a chain of small winter white beads.

16 comments:

Melissa said...

Margaret, they're both lovely! I especially adore the Winter Quaker Exchange - it perfectly meets the theme!

hohla said...

О! It is beautiful! I very much like it!

Dovilė said...

so nice, elegant Winter Quaker:)

Nima said...

wow...they both are pretty. Winter quaker looks fabulous. Neat finishing.

staci said...

I love the winter quaker you stitched! The fabric and floss make a beautiful combination!

Jean said...

I love the biscobourse - I looked it up and they are so neat!! I can't wait to see the finished project.

I am in awe of the Winter Quaker. I just love snowflakes and equally hate working in white! You did such a super job on it. It's inspiring.

Edgar said...

What a super piece for the WQ!!!

Erica said...

Your stitching is beautiful!
I enjoyed wandering through your blog!

Gill - That British Woman said...

that is so beautiful, well done.

Gill in Canada

Shelleen said...

such pretty colors

trillium said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
trillium said...

The Winter Quaker is gorgeous! I need to get some of that pearlescent floss.

Brigitte said...

Winter Quaker looks quite simply gorgeous. Great stitching and finishing!

Carol R said...

Pretty Winter Quaker! Can't wait to see your finsihed biscobourse!

Denise said...

Margaret,
You are much on my mind and I am
wishing you the best! A new and
better job is on the horizon....
As usual, your stitching is elegant
and so lovely to see.
Best wishes and blessings,
Denise

Unknown said...

it is simply amazing. I love it!!!