Monday 21 February 2011

Progress Reports

Good evening everyone.
Progress Report Number One:   Mother's first eye surgery went well and here is a snapshot (taken very much against her will!) to prove the point.   One ear is yellow with iodine and of course one eye is covered with a white patch but otherwise all is well.  Many thanks to you all for your good wishes and prayers - from both QBHDEM and me!


Progress Report Number Two:   The Historic Countries Sampler has officially left The Netherlands.   Several times while in that country the "frogs" came to visit but persistence paid off and that section is now complete - well apart from the gap left to put the date I finish this piece.   Instead of some random date selected from family history I opted to rechart that section to put the start date and (one day) finish date.   The blue triangle portion at the lower left is the first of the Spanish section which appears to be smaller and less complicated than the Dutch section.   Here's hoping!   (Hopefully this picture should be clickable)


Progress Report Number Three:   Stash Enchancement!   While Mother was in the gentle hands of the Opthalmologist I paid a visit to The Ribbon Rose and found a beautiful piece of white linen for my planned Pulled Thread piece, also some needles and a DMC I need to finishe my Christmas Prism.   What was most gratifying was my loyalty card was full and meant I received $25 off the price.   Oh Happy Day!
The linen is for a piece of Pulled Thread work by designer Marie Helene Jeanneau.   I learned about this design from Giovanna's Stitches and Point Passion managed to send me the order within three days -  a super fast journey from France to New Zealand.   Such amazing service!  You can see the work in progress on Giovanna's blog here.


So all in all a very successful day at Chez Nous!   Have a great evening everyone.

5 comments:

Catherine said...

So glad all went well with your mother!

Your new stash and pattern are very pretty and looks delicate! It will be fun to watch you work on this.

hohla said...

Margaret! Health of your mom!

Phyllis said...

Glad your mom is doing well. She looks great! Stash is important, and I know that you enjoyed all of the browsing along with it! Have a good week.

sheri said...

Your Mom is rockin' the bandage and shades! Glad everything went well.

I can imagine the frogs in The Netherlands...that section looks intricate but it was well worth the effort! Looks fabulous! I like your idea of putting the start and finish dates on the piece.

Oh, your stash is fab and I look forward to watching your pulled thread piece come to life. I've never tried pulled thread. I can't imagine it is easy to make something so fantastic.

Hope all is well. My prayers go out to your fellow countrymen in Christchurch.

Carol R said...

I am so behind on my blog reading! I hope your mum is well on her way to recovery Margaret!