Monday 17 June 2013

England is conquered.

I feel like a conqueror!   'England' in one thread of floss over one thread of linen has been quite a mission but I am pleased with the result.   Only Ireland, Scotland and Wales to go but I think a short rest is in order.
The hardanger tassel turned out well too.   This time I did not make any mistakes in the cutting and remembered to put a bead in the base to hold the twisted cord.   Yes, I think this one could be ranked as successful.
Tonight I am going to lace my crewel work piece and complete the June page of the  NMMSAL. Well, hopefully.   I have a nasty head cold and I'm anxious not to pass it on to the HD3QBEM so will take myself off to bed early and try that old wives cure of a lemon and honey drink.
So short and sweet tonight.   I hope you don't catch my cold.


11 comments:

cucki said...

Wow so beautiful ..well done dear x

Pamela said...

I'm sorry to read you have caught a cold! I'm quite impressed with your finishes. Both are beautiful!

KimM said...

WOW! Gorgeous!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful finishes, both of them!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I'm very impressed by your over one stitching, you have so much patience. Your hardanger tassel is just lovely too. I hope your cold goes away quickly and that you don't pass it onto your mum.

Devon said...

Beautiful finished and where did you get your England pattern I would love to do it..

kimstitch3 said...

I love your England finish. Very pretty

Carol said...

Hope the honey and lemon help. Love the England pattern looking forward to the other 3.
Bye for now.

Karen said...

England turned out fantastic! I love the detail of over one stitching, but don't love doing it. Your tassel is gorgeous! One of these days I hope to try my hand at one.

Karoline said...

Your tassel is gorgeous & the book cover is lovely.
Hope you are over your cold

Aurelia Eglantine said...

England is lovely but your tassel is absolutely beautiful! What a wonderful finish :) Hope you feel better soon.