Sunday 3 November 2013

Finished!

Last night, thanks to a re-run of an ancient James Bond movie I managed to complete this!   The final page of my NMMSAL.   Ukranian Whitework.
And still in the spirit of resisting temptation I retrieved my Naxos Necessaire from the box where I had hidden it, sniffed and decided it was either time for bed or a new start.   Bed won!
Then in the light of a new day I looked once more at the Naxos and made an adult decision to continue on and finish that one.   But as a compromise I will kit up my next project..... this
Kitting up a project cannot be classified as a new start can it?   There are only seven weeks until my summer holidays and I need some stitching projects to take when I go away so I am classifying this as "holiday preparation"!
At the moment Kurt Wallender and I are very close friends on my eBook reader.   Enthusiasm ran away with me and I downloaded so many eBooks from the local library that I am scrambling to keep up before the expiry date.   I have a "proper book" to recommend.  It is The Coat Route and you can read more details here.   No, I don't want a Navy Vicuna overcoat but I definitely want some of that beautiful silk with which the gorgeous coat is lined.   I promise not to hide such beautiful silk away as a lining -  I will display it in a beautifully made garment for all the world to see.   I promise!
 

7 comments:

stitchersanon said...

Stunning! Really beautiful xx

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Watching repeats and stitching or knitting is so relaxing - I always enjoy this. When it's something new that I haven't seen before, television tends to win.

Chris said...

Gorgeous progress. Old movies, and ones that you have seen are great stitching companions.. you don't have to pay close attention.
Love the new start :)

cucki said...

Stunning...so pretty x

Southpaw Stitcher said...

Gorgeous finish! Love, love Ukrainian whitework! Your other projects are really fabulous, too.

Pamela said...

The whitework is beautiful. You must be so pleased with your NMMSAL book. I admire your self control with not starting something new. I can never resist.

Karoline said...

Your Whitework is gorgeous, congratulations