Tuesday 31 December 2013

New Years Eve

How fitting that my last post for 2013 is my last ornament for Heather's Ornament SAL.   This has been a really delightful SAL and my nieces and nephews have benefited with a new ornament each for their tree.   My local Embroiderers' Guild also benefited with small ornaments for their sale of work.   Last but not least I benefited from the opportunity to view the great variety of ornaments stitched by all the other participants.   Thank you so much for organising this SAL Heather.
So without further ado - voila!
My 2013 Christmas Tree.
From this years JCS Ornament Issue -  stitched entirely from stash.   28 Count Cashel linen (Vintage Mocha) and DMC floss.  The small spool came from my friend in Japan.  One stray star, a drinking straw, some pins and tacky glue and I am happy with this finish.

A Happy New Year to you all.   I plan to welcome 2014 before most of you (^_-)

9 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

A Happy and creative 2014 to you and your mum Margaret. I hope the coming year is a good one for you.

Lee said...

Best wishes to you both for a happy New year and lots of exciting stitching for yourself

Palkó said...

Beautiful work!
Happy New Year!

Shebafudge said...

It's gorgeous! Love it!! Happy New Year!

Highlandhearts said...

I love the tree too! Wishing you a very Happy New Year Margaret x

EvalinaMaria said...

Beautiful finish, congratulations! Have a wonderful New Year!

Zeb said...

Happy New Year to you Margaret :)

Karen said...

Excellent finish! I would never have thought of using a drinking straw for finishing. Great idea. :)

Terri said...

Love, love, love your Christmas tree! Very well done!