Friday 28 February 2014

I'm fine ... or is that fined?

What a week this has been and what can I say except "I am glad February is over".
There just weren't enough hours in my days this week and my 'forget-ery' was on overdrive so there were several repeats in the mix.   However I made it to Friday and for that we shall be truly grateful.
My February ornament is a mouse - not as small as I had imagined the mouse to be so perhaps more a rat than a mouse, but none the less he/she is finished.
So here we are front and back


I never know how to lace irregular shapes such as this so decided to stitch both sides together like a small pillow, fill with a little dacron wadding and then iron flat under a pressing cloth.   Only then did the beads go on.   Relatively successful I think.
Despite the dismal start to this post I am fine.   But this week for the first time in my life I was fined at the local library.   Can you imagine my horror -  two books overdue and I had to pay a total of $1.20   How embarrassing is that?   I had not even started either book despite having them in my pile for a month.   Shall I show you the pile and then you can see why?
And come to think of it there are two more books in my car (lunch time reading) and another two eBooks from said Library on my iPad and a couple sporting a "New" banner on my Kindle.   Oops.... perhaps my needle needs a sabbatical.  
Anyway I'm off to bed now but not to sleep...to read and finish the current Kindle book and perhaps make a start on one of those wretched "overdue" books which the kind librarian renewed for me - after having relieved me of the money :-)
Good night.

16 comments:

stitchersanon said...

Shocking lol...I think if the worse thing you ever get is a library fine, you are doing ok lol. Love the mouse, very very cute.

Palkó said...

Very nice idea! I like it! :)

Mii Stitch said...

Plenty of reading time for you! :D Your little mouse is really sweet & looks perfect to me.

Chris said...

Sweet finish, I think that it looks great. There are not enough hours in the day to get to everything! I have a library fine too right now. Have a great weekend!

Pamela said...

Sorry about the fine. Never enough time, is there? Nice finish to your ornament.

krayolakris said...

I love your mouse! Never enough time...

KimM said...

Love the mouse. We all need more time to do the things we want to do ;)

Bonnie said...

Seeing that pile of books I have decided that you are the most optimistic person I know!

Gillie said...

You are not alone ......it was a new year resolution not to have any fines :( My problem is I choose the new books and they can only be out for a fortnight and cannot be renewed.

Unknown said...

Congrats on the gorgeous finish!

I wish the library was closer to where I lived. Besides my Uni days I've not spent much time inside one. I do however love books! I'm a serial starter with books. I can't just have one in the pile either... although my pile is not quite as large as yours! The trouble with me is that I'm a bed time reader! I tried to read a few pages today on my lunch hour and in no time I was ready to fall asleep... must have myself conditioned haha

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Your mouse is a neat finish, well done. You do like your books Margaret. I'm still working my way through the Poldark books again - this time on my Kindle. (I'm also re-watching it on DVD at the same time).

Blu said...

Such an adorable finish!
I love your pile of books. Mine is irresponsibly spread across the floor of my bedroom. There is a path to get around, but the slightest deviation results in falls over books lol

Heather said...

Your mouse turned out great!

And, ouch on the fine. I always feel terrible when I have a late library book. Speaking of which, I have one due on Tuesday!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely little mouse.

I used to get library fines quite often (only a day or two late). The librarian told me that I could phone and renew the books but I said "That way the telephone company makes money out of me, this way you make money!" I look upon it as a contribution to the local library LOL.

Karoline said...

Cute mouse!
Despite having an app for renewing my library books I still forget to do it and end up with fines. I need another one that will remind me when they are due!

Sonda said...

Unfortunately, I contribute to my library's coffers more often than is decent, but I console myself with the thought that it hopefully buys more books.