Saturday 30 April 2016

A rainbow at the end of my walk

Today the HD3QBEM is not too well so after breakfast she got put back to bed and I proceeded to attack my list of chores.
First up was a hair cut and then the hated shopping.   After lunch I decided that a "reward-to-self" was in order so walked across to the Showgrounds, as the city exhibition hall is named, and went to the Stitches and Craft show.  
Almost entirely quilting, card making and scrapbooking, I initially wondered if I would find much to interest me.   But I did!
There was a stand of free form knitting.   I'd never heard of this before but on inspection decided that the lack of mathematical precision ruled it out for me.   Very colourful though.
And then one of the quilting artists had a fantastic display where I fell in love with her depiction of The Lion in the Library  from the Animalia book by Graeme Base.
Each one of the little books on the back shelves are tiny precision cut lengths of ribbon painstakingly stitched on.  I would never even attempt this but it was intriguing to look at.
And just to prove that I also did some stitching here's a shot of the T tin in the process of construction.   Can you see the small tin at the base?
And now a photo of the tin with the "weighty tomes" removed. Top.
And  side
Off to cook the dinner now.


11 comments:

Pamela said...

The tin turned out absolutely beautiful!

Queeniepatch said...

I hope your mother soon feels better.
The tin is really elegant!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Lovely finish Margaret, so pretty.
I noticed a Moss Creek design in your previous post - this designer's work is always very neat.

KimM said...

OH MY GOSH! The tin is stunning!!!!!
xxx

Blu said...

That tin looks amazing! The stitching is so pretty too.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Try doing that with an e-reader! The tin looks wonderful as does the exhibition. How lovely to have such an event close enough to visit as part of your day.

krayolakris said...

Beautiful work Margaret! Congratulations on your tin finish!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

The tin looks wonderful. Your finishing looks so professional. I wish my finishing was as good.

Gillie said...

Very best wishes to your mum and oh gosh.......T is going to love it!

Aurelia Eglantine said...

Love your initial, all the little flowers are so pretty and dainty! The tin finish is cute and the cording is a great touch :)

AliceKiss said...

Великолепно!!!!