Wednesday 16 November 2016

Surprise in the mail

My mailman is my new best friend :-)
Today he brought me a surprise package all the way from Texas.   Phyllis had packed lots of love into the envelope, along with this exquisite embroidered acorn.
Isn't it beautiful?  I love acorns and this one is beautifully stitched and finished.
And guess what....Phyllis sent me a card with this cute sticker on the back.  
Would you wait to open it?   I didn't and inside was this amazing encouraging card.  
Thank you so much Phyllis.
But wait!   There's more.   Another card with another cute sticker.   This one I haven't opened, but Phyllis you have the honour of having sent my very first Christmas card for 2016.

It has been a surprisingly good day ;-)    I'll be back tomorrow with some stitching progress.

5 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

What a lovely acorn - a very neat gift.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

What beautiful gifts to receive in the post.

KimM said...

Oh, how lovely and how exciting! 👀 no forward to the unveilings
xxx

deb said...

Lovely! What delightful things to find in the mailbox!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The acorn is wonderful, what a clever finish.
I have ordered my cards, we always buy the ones the boys make at school to raise money for their school.