Saturday 29 July 2017

My garden thinks it's Spring

The temperatures are low, there is snow in the South but my garden thinks the winter is over.   I was so pleased to see this cheery yellow bloom brightening up the dreary outdoors.
Today has been a good day.   Good, because the DBEM was well enough to come with me to the shopping mall where we crossed off all the items on her shopping list.   Then it was off to the Post Office (watch out for a package Little Brother), the Library, a drive through the park to see the field of daffodils and then home.
On the knitting front I have almost completed the left front of the cardigan, so will then do another page or two of the Quaker Christmas.  I seem to maintain momentum better with short bursts like .this, besides which there is a deadline on this cardigan so I must keep up speed.   I am knitting in NZ merino 4 ply yarn which has an immense mileage per ball.  Unaware of this I bought 15 balls and will only use around 8 for the current project.   What to do with the remainder has been perplexing me for some time.   I even read a couple of Elizabeth Zimmerman books to see if I could design my own?!  However, my faithful English Womens weekly magazine had a pattern  which will be perfect for what I want and will use this yarn so I am happy.   A short sleeved cardigan is on my list of wardrobe planning for The Great UK Trip.
So all is well Chez Nous and the DBEM has just consulted her calendar/diary to tell me that she hasn't had a "good Saturday" since 17 June.  So she is Very Happy.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Glad to hear that your mum is feeling better!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice to know that Mum is well enough for a trip out with you.
I was going to suggest a short sleeved version of the same garment would use less wool.

Leonore Winterer said...

I'm glad to hear your mum is feeling better. Maybe she feels the spring as well!

Anna van Schurman said...

I always dread seeing daffodils on your blog...that means our winter isn't too far behind. Glad your mum is feeling better.