Sunday 17 September 2017

She loses I find

Last weekend Little Brother came to stay and commented that the DBEM had lost weight since he last saw her.  Even at 87 years of age she was upset about this!  So this morning she asked me to weigh her.   We did and she has lost 4kg in two years (yes it is that long since I have weighed her.  Bad daughter!)
Anyway now I know where the 4kg gain I have made in two years has come from.   My dear and generous DBEM has given them to me:-(

I have been sewing up small knitted sweaters for the DBEM and tonight made a start back on the Quaker Christmas Sampler but reversed out everything I put in.   No progress shots as there was no progress.   Check in tomorrow night and I may have better news.

4 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Funnily enough Margaret, my mum had a review on Monday and she too has lost a little weight. I think it's symptomatic of their age unfortunately. We, on the other hand, are still of an age where it does the opposite.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Oh dear, how sharing of your Mum! I rarely weigh myself, I go by whether my jeans fit or not!

R's Rue said...

Have a blessed day.

Leonore Winterer said...

I suppose losing more weight than you are comfortable with is common with older people. Which means as long as we're gaining weight, at least we don't have to worry about age!